TomoChain is a blockchain infrastructure for decentralized applications and token issuance. TomoChain has its own native coin, namely, TOMO. TOMO coin and tokens issued on TomoChain are now officially supported by the Ledger Nano S hardware wallet. The following describes how to use Ledger Nano S to connect to and use different TomoChain services, including MyEtherWallet, MetaMask, and TomoMaster.
This guide will walk you through
- Install the TomoChain App on your Ledger Nano S
- Access your TOMO Wallet with the Ledger Nano S through MetaMask and MyEtherWallet.
- Receive TOMO
- Send TOMO
- Check account balance on the TomoChain Explorer (TomoScan)
- A Ledger Nano S hardware wallet with latest firmware.
- Latest version of ETH app installed
- A computer with at least macOS 10.9, Windows 8 (64-bit) or Linux Ubuntu 16.10.
- An internet connection and an available USB port. Use an adapter for USB-C ports.
- A U2F compatible browser (Google Chrome, Opera, FireFox, Brave)
For instructions on how to install Ledger Live, please refer here.
Installing the TOMO Ledger Nano S Application
Using the Ledger Live application, follow these instructions:
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live
- Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S
- Allow the Manager on your Ledger Nano S device by pressing the right button if asked
- Search the App catalog for TOMO, and click the Install button next to the TOMO app.
- An installation window will appear, and your device will display Processing…
- The TOMO App installation has completed on your Ledger Nano S
Connect with MetaMask
TomoChain is compatible with MetaMask. Users can use MetaMask as a bridge between Ledger Nano S and TomoChain to make transactions to the TomoChain blockchain.
- Connect MetaMask to TomoChain Mainnet by following this guide to add a custom network
- Choose TomoChain Mainnet as the networks
- Click on the top down circle icon
- Choose Connect Hardware Wallet
- Choose Ledger and press on Connect
- Choose HD path for your wallet (Ledger Live by default)
- Choose an account address that you want to use
- Click on UNLOCK
- Ledger Nano S is ready to go with TomoChain
Note: You can verify the balance of the account by copying the account address and checking it on TomoScan.
Connect with MyEtherWallet
Select TOMO (tomochain.com) the crypto asset network in the top-right corner
Select m/44’/60’/0’/0 as the derivation path
How to receive TOMO with MetaMask
- Repeat the steps in section Connect with MetaMask
- Choose an address to receive TOMO
- Click on the address to copy it
- Send the copied address to the sender
Warning: To receive safely:
1. Click Display address on Ledger Nano S. Please verify that the address shown on your Ledger device matches the address shown in MetaMask. Press the right button on your device if it is correct.
2. Copy and share the account address with the person or service that will transfer to your account. Make sure you double-check the address if you copy and paste it.
How to Send TOMO with MetaMask
- Choose Send and enter the receiver address and amount
- Carefully verify the entered address as same as the address you should send TOMO to.
- Verify that you are on the TomoChain Mainnet
- Verify the transaction details on the next screen
- Verify the address of the recipient
- Verify the transaction amount and fee
- If everything is correct, click on Confirm on MetaMask, then confirm the transaction on the Ledger Nano S (right button)
3. TOMO is received at the receiver side.
Connect to TomoMaster
TomoMaster is the decentralized governance DApp of TomoChain, allowing users to vote/unvote for masternodes and apply to become a masternode candidate.
- Make sure Ledger Nano S device is powered on, unlocked and the TomoChain App is open.
- Plug the Ledger Nano S into your PC/Laptop
- Go to TomoMaster using a U2F compatible browser
- Click on Login button (top right)
- Select Ledger Wallet from the dropdown list
- Choose m/44’/60’/0’/0 path if the Ledger Nano S has the latest firmware. Otherwise, use m/44’/889’/0’/0 path
- Click on Save
- Choose one of the addresses that you want to use
- TOMO Balance (right column) should show next to addresses (the first address has 2 TOMO as in the figure)
- Click on Unlock your wallet