TomoChain client v1.2 is released today. It includes the following changes:
- Improving built-in smart-contracts execution, and optimizing check point calculation to reduce block checkpoint processing time from more than 10 minutes to 2 minutes.
- Implementing Masternode signing transaction bundling to reduce chain data size from 7Gb per day to 200 Mb per day on the test network with 150 masternodes and no voters.
- There will be a hard-fork at block 1050000 to kick-start the new signing transaction bundling.
- After the hard-fork, the Masternodes will sign a maximum of 60 transactions per epoch, compared to 900 transaction per epoch currently, while MN’s reward will be the same per epoch.
- MN’s operators should upgrade to v1.2 client ASAP, and no later than the time of the hard-fork (block 1050000). Network needs at least 75% of the total 150 masternodes (113 masternodes) updated in order to ensure the block finality.
- This update will improve stability and performance of the network in response to the chain data growth issue. End-users and TOMO holders are not required to do anything.
The source code is available at https://github.com/tomochain/tomochain/releases